Sunday, March 7, 2010

One Amazing Love Story

Last year I got a call from Kim and Carl, an amazing couple with an amazing story.



They got engaged last year after a year of dizzying love set amongst sunlit vineyards and French chateaus.


But that's not even the half of it.



They had met before - 27 years earlier. In fact, they'd done more than just meet - at ages 15 and 17, while students at the same Maryland high school, they had fallen in love.

Their connection was so powerful that Kim had actually written in her diary:



Over the past months, I've spent time interviewing and photographing Kim and Carl and weaving together the keepsakes they've lovingly kept for decades into a mini-documentary film that will debut at their wine country wedding later this month.

I find their story so poignant and moving, that I haven't been able to work on it without grinning from ear to ear. I am so excited and honored to get to watch (and photograph) them walking down the aisle.

I'll be posting an excerpt from the documentary here next month, and promise you will be just as moved as I am.

Stay tuned for their story and their wedding photos, arriving on the blog sometime in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment