Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy (In)dependence Day

Fourth of July always has special importance in our family. Not only is it a wonderful family holiday for celebrating, it's also my parents' anniversary.


A photograph of my parents on their wedding day, July 4, 1971

Today, my parents are celebrating their 38th wedding anniversary. Unbelievable, even to my dad, who told me this morning the time has just flown. My parents' marriage is a model and wish for what I want for mine.

This year, we have the pleasure of being together as a family for a weekend in Lake Tahoe, joined by all relevant partners and a coterie of close friends. It's such a treat.


A photo I took of my parents a few years ago

Hope you are taking time to spend time and mark milestones with the people that you love.

Happy anniversary mom and dad! Here's to another 38 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment